Friday, February 1, 2008

Miracles can happen--part two!

We were out of school again today. I was actually really happy. It gives me a 4 day weekend--that will help make up for all our long weekends we are losing. Plus, Cameron was on-call this week, so during the day, we got to get some stuff done. I still have a lot of schoolwork to get done, but I still have two days. Today was wonderful. Busy. And I am exhausted. But, it was fabulous! Almost the entire house is clean. There is a little straightening that needs done, like in my bedroom, and the boys' room. And the floors need mopped (that is a herculean task when your whole house is wood floors!). And Levi's room needs cleaned. But, otherwise, the house is clean. There are always little things to do--like laundry (ALWAYS!), and bathrooms can always be cleaner--I need to clean Krista and the boys' bathroom up a little. I feel good about taking some time to relax tomorrow, though. I am certainly planning on a nap. Cameron's plane to SLC leaves at 6:25 in the morning, so we are going to have to leave in about 5 hours to get him there on time. That stinks! I am going to be SO tired. But, at least he is only flying out of Springfield, instead of Tulsa or KC. Joplin would be better, but we are counting our blessings. Hopefully one of the two prospects he has out there will work out, and things will continue to work in our favor.

I found an awesome tutorial online for these cute scrapbook boxes. But, I CANNOT make one tomorrow. I have promised myself that I am going to finish working on my shower curtain. I have only been trying to do that for 6 months. Also, I would LOVE to get my window in the dining room fixed, but since it is so old, and I think the wood is about gone, I will probably just have to put something else there. I found a cute idea in the pottery barn catalog with a chalkboard on the wall. I am thinking I might make a chalkboard and use some trim or moulding to create a frame for it. We'll see. Right now I just have a HUGE empty spot on the dining room wall. It makes me sad...that was my favorite decoration in the house. Cameron was sweeping in there a couple weeks ago, though, and it just fell off the wall and landed on him! I think the screws on the back, holding in the anchor, wiggled out of the old, soft wood.

I am not thrilled about being on my own with the kids all weekend for the second time this month. Especially since Cameron has worked the past two weekends, so we didn't get to do anything. I guess I should be used to being on my own on Saturdays. But it's different when he is out of town. I told him he can't have too much fun without us.

I got some not great news from my doctor. It probably isn't really a big deal, but it feels like it is. Apparently the tests on my kidneys are still showing the possible beginnings of diabetic kidney disease--very early stages, but enough that there is concern, especially since I am only 25. So, my doctor is putting me on some medication for my kidneys--in fact, I meant to pick that up at the pharmacy today. She says it is mostly for prevention so the problems don't get worse. I was really depressed after I got the letter from her. My A1C is still not great either. It is 9.9. It was 10.3 just a couple months ago, though, so it is going the right direction. I am just so sensitive to stuff. I can be just as affected by an apple as I am by a milkshake. And, I think the bigger problem is my insulin sensitivity, rather than my diet. I don't eat perfectly, nor will I ever claim that I do. But, I don't eat as poorly as people think. I watch my intake as well as I can. My biggest problems actually occur during the night. My sugar is almost always high in the mornings. Also, apparently my cholesterol is too high as well. If I weren't diabetic, it would be perfect, but since I have diabetes, I guess they lower the goal range. I didn't know that until yesterday. So, I may have to take cholesterol meds and watch my diet more carefully regarding that. It doesn't help that I am at higher risk for heart disease, both from my diabetes, and from my dad's history. I am really quite upset by all this. But, at least I am getting the depression dealt with, so this wasn't as huge a blow as it would have been, say, a week ago. I just feel like I am way too young to have all these things going on. I am not supposed to have to worry about my kidneys at 25! I am especially not supposed to have to be stressed about cholesterol! I guess I will just try to take it in stride. I just hate taking medicine. The fact that I have to take insulin to stay alive really just irritates me, if you must know. I struggle with my depression meds because I HATE TAKING PILLS! I hate even taking a tylenol. Grr. But, I guess I will be like my grandma and buy a little weekly pill counter to sort out my 5000 medicines...by the time I am 50 I'll probably have 4 times this many.

All right. It was a great, productive day. Now, I am GOING TO BED!

No comments: