Friday, February 29, 2008

100 Things

One hundred things about me...

1. I am 25...one whole quarter of a century old. I feel old. I guess I'm not, but really...I feel old.
2. My husband is Cameron. He is a dork. And a brat. And occasionally he'll surprise me by doing something sweet and romantic. Usually he's a dork though.
3. I have three kids--they are all boys. Usually that's ok. They are Benjamin, who's 4, Samuel, who's 3, and Levi, who is almost 10 months. They have more energy than any people I have ever seen...they kind of remind me of prairie dogs, running like crazy from one hole to another.
4. My kids sort of drive me nuts a lot of the time--especially Samuel, who is, once again, refusing to go to bed. I sometimes wonder if I am really cut out for this mom thing.
5. I am a really good pianist. I don't get to play nearly as often as I would like though--I kind of hate my piano, and it's super out of tune. Plus, my kids don't give me a lot of practice time.
6. I can play the organ too. I taught myself, and am currently getting ready to start an online course to teach me more about the stops and settings.
7. I don't sew well. I CAN sew, but I am too impatient to read the directions like I should, plus I tend to not care enough if my seams are perfect, so things don't work out quite like they should. I have successfully sewn curtains, a couple dresses (that I even wore frequently), a shower curtain and some other crafts things. It's not my forte.
8. I LOVE TO READ. I think, despite my family, my full time job, my callings, and my life in general, I have still managed to read three or four large books in the last week. I squeeze it in whenever I can--eating lunch, waiting in the car for Cam, before bed, while the kids are in the tub...etc...
9. I can kick Cam's butt at Guitar Hero III. But...he is getting better. And that worries me.
10. I teach 8th grade. I never wanted to teach 8th grade. I wanted to teach high school. You may think that 8th grade is close enough, but it's not even remotely the same.
11. I have type I diabetes. It sucks.
12. I like to scrapbook. A lot. I haven't been able to for a long time.
13. I drive a minivan. Yeah. I drive a minivan.
14. I hate cleaning. I think it is phenomenally BORING. There is very little satisfaction in it for me--I like a clean house, but really, with three pretty small boys, the whole house is NEVER clean at one time. So, it's more just an exercise in futility.
15. I wear the same size clothes I did in high school. (I do not, however, look the same!)
16. I like lemons with salt.
17. A chocolate milkshake makes most anything a little bit better.
18. My name is spelled like a boy's. No, my mom insists she was NOT disappointed that I was girl--she just thought it was spelled that way.
19. I have a bachelor's degree from Missouri Southern State University.
20. I had a full-ride academic presidential scholarship to High Point University in High Point, North Carolina. But I gave it up when I got married. It was my decision. Totally.
21. I teach gospel doctrine class at church. It is a little overwhelming. Somewhat intimidating.
22. I like the color purple. I used to have a purple bedroom. But then we moved.
23. I would be happy living in Webb City for the rest of my life. I won't though.
24. I miss my mom.
25. I like stitching and embroidery projects.
26. I like country music...a lot...but I am usually a little ashamed to admit it. I feel like it makes me uncool somehow.
27. I like to sing along with the radio really loudly while I drive. It's probably the only time I really belt it out.
28. I have to wear mascara. Otherwise I look like a zombie. My eyelashes are blond and it makes my eyes look they are sinking into my head when I don't have mascara on.
29. I do not run. Period.
30. I love Willow Tree figurines. Not so much the angels. But I have lots of the figurines. Cameron says there are too many little faceless people all over our house looking at us.
31. I LOVE thunderstorms. I think tornado season is really exciting. And I love lightning.
32. I really like to watch the elephants at the zoo.
33. I don't mind mowing the lawn. I kind of like it. Don't tell Cameron.
34. I am a high-stress person. I tend to freak out when I can't control things. Like my kids.
35. I have post-partum depression. Bad. I feel like it is getting somewhat better, but it is still bad. Worse after Levi than the other two.
36. My degree is in history. High school social studies, to be exact.
37. I am certified to teach high school history, English, and junior high English.
38. I like salad.
39. I hate my feet. I think they are really ugly--my toes are too long, and the bones are misaligned. Seriously. My doctor says I need surgery.
40. I have hazel eyes. They are green with some brown around the pupils. I usually say they look like moss with mud on top.
41. My hair is really straight. It will not curl. I sometimes wish it would.
42. I have an awesome bed. It is a HUGE king-sized bed. It sits really high off the ground. The mattress is not terrible. And I love the bedding--it has fall colors, and it's made out of taffeta (no, we don't sleep under it--too hot!)
43. I tell people too many details about myself. It drives Cameron nuts. He says I should keep things more private. I just don't think most stuff matters.
44. I am not organized. At all. I wish I were. But I'm not.
45. I am a REALLY good wife. I don't nag. I try to do the little things that are special. I work hard.
46. I like Southern food a lot.
47. I love my kids. They are amazing. Even though they drive me nuts, they are amazing. And adorable. And so smart.
48. I love my husband. He is a dork. But he's handsome, and funny, and fantastic! I love Cameron.
49. I got married in the Logan, Utah, Temple on March 12, 2002.
50. I spell gud.
51. I am obsessed with checking my email--it is really a compulsion that I have. I wish I had some interesting email once in awhile.
52. I have 3 brothers, and 2 sisters.
53. Cameron has 3 sisters, and 2 brothers--I have lots of in-laws. And two mother in laws.
54. I like to vacuum.
55. I hate laundry. I would rather scrub a toilet than do laundry.
56. I am picky about my tomatoes. They have to be a little underripe. Bananas too.
57. I am 5'6".
58. I like spinach. And asparagus. And collard greens. And broccoli and peas.
59. I hate milk.
60. I wear contacts...except when I have on my glasses...but since Sam bent those, I only wear them at night.
61. I love roses.
62. I love lilacs even more.
63. I have seen Phantom of the Opera three times. And Les Miserables twice. I love Jekyll and Hyde. Titanic stunk. Ragtime was ok. I want to see Beauty and the Beast.
64. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast. Cameron and I went to Walmart at midnight the night it was released on DVD for the first time. No...there wasn't a line. And no, no one else was there. And yes, the people at the store thought we were REALLY weird. And yes, they had to get it out of a box for me. No, I didn't watch it that night. But I really did think lots of people would be rushing out to get it.
65. I really enjoy the Harry Potter books. They will be the classics from this generation.
66. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I should have mentioned that earlier, but since this has been a random sampling, hopefully it's ok that I put it here. It is not 66th in importance, that's for sure.
67. I don't mind speaking in public...if I know ahead of time...at least a few minutes.
68. I like taking naps. Long ones. Like two or three hours.
69. I don't really like going to the movies. I think the chairs are not comfy, I can't get up and pee or get a snack. There are no pause buttons.
70. I wish I could warp...or time travel.
71. I can crochet. I have made some really cute baby afghans. I rarely have the time or the patience to finish a project bigger than that though.
72. I like to bake. Especially cookies and cakes. I make a KILLER carrot cake.
73. Cameron is a better cook than I am. I do it more often though.
74. I wear red, blue, and black a lot.
75. I wish I weighed less.
76. I hate my crooked teeth. But, even though Cam has told me I can get braces, I haven't done it. Lack of time? Or lazy? I don't know.
77. I like to drive fast. And I hate the time it takes to get places. See #70.
78. I have a really good memory--I don't lose things very often because I remember things. Cam does not have a great memory. I am good at tests because of it too.
79. I don't have a cell phone. When I was in my car accident last week, the other drivers (yes, drivers!) thought that was weird.
80. I don't have very many friends. I am a bit anti-social. I find people stressful. Plus, I have so much going on at home that it's hard to put in a ton of effort to making new friends. It bothers me sometimes, but usually I have plenty to do anyway.
81. I really miss my dad. A lot.
82. I really like my stepdad, Mason. A lot.
83. I took French in high school and college. I don't speak any French at all.
84. I usually wear a size 4 in jeans.
85. I refuse to put out the trash.
86. I wish I lived closer to a temple. I shouldn't use that as an excuse though.
87. I love steak and potatoes. And bean salad.
88. I always reply to emails sent to me.
89. I love hardwood floors. Having had both hardwood and carpet, I hate carpet and love hardwood.
90. I pick out the constellation Orion every time I see the stars outside.
91. I didn't breastfeed any of my kids. I tried. I failed. They survived on formula. They even got fat.
92. I can type 70 words per minute.
93. I like to take pictures. But I don't have time to practice, and I have been too lazy to read the manual for my camera...so my pictures aren't fabulous.
94. I love Taco Bell.
95. I really like Big Macs.
96. I make awesome hot wings.
97. I don't really love my handwriting. But I do think it looks nice when I put it in my scrapbooks.
98. I am really competitive. Really.
99. I hate showers. And baths. I see these things as daily necessary evils. But I hate getting wet.
100. I was able to come up with 100 things without too much trouble. I thought it would be hard. Most of it is probably irrelevant to anything. But still...I did it.

No comments: