Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Emotional Drain--the suck zone!

I have been really feeling like the last 6 weeks or so have really been draining. In fact, for lack of any other way to put it, things have sucked. On the one hand, I guess that kind of confirms that maybe we are trying to do the right thing, so we are meeting challenged. But, on the other hand, it has still sucked. We managed to survive Christmas, which was great...but then Levi had surgery (no big deal, just adds to the stress.). Since then, school has just been crazy. I have felt like I am really being pulled in so many directions. We have had lots of days off school, which is fantastic, but also not, because of course, we have to make those up. I guess it has not been any one thing that is causing all this stress I feel...it is just a combination of everything. There is so much stress at school, at home, at church, with my family, my health, etc.

I started my medicine for my kidneys today. It is making me really tired. I hope after I get used to having it in my system that this side-effect goes away, because I do NOT need another thing to make me tired. I have plenty of those (Ben, Sam, Levi!) already. I was supposed to be observed by my principal today, but some things came up at school, which leads in to my next thing---

Apparently, there is a student at school who hates me so much he not only wants me dead, he wants to kill me. Today I reported a student (and apparently so did someone else) who had a "death list." The list had the names of me, my principal, the counselor, and about 30 students. So it was a big list. It was from a very unassuming kid. Also, not someone I have noticed being picked on--maybe that's why he hates me...I don't notice enough. At least the principal took the list seriously. I believe the student is suspended (hopefully that's enough). Also, the principal pulled in every student on the list, and sent them home with letters for their parents and spoke to them. Unfortunately, I think this is going to make it worse for the student who made the list (which was quite specific and detailed). I hope that he doesn't choose to truly retaliate. I am really intensely bothered by this incident. I was the ONLY teacher on the list. And I honestly have NO idea why. I just can't believe someone hates me that much.

Anyway, when you add this to all the other garbage going on, I really just want to crawl into a hole (with some books) and be alone for a week at least. I am so tired. And I am just drained. So, I do truly feel like my life is the suck zone lately. Not because it's bad...just because it is so stressful and draining.

But, because I really do want to have things I am grateful for--I will. I am grateful for my husband. I know I have said that before. But, I am really grateful that with him I feel safe and secure. I am grateful that he protects me. He makes me feel beautiful and special. I am grateful for him. I love him.

No comments: