Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday is a special day...

Today was a busy day. It doesn't feel like we got nearly as much done as I would have liked, but that is ok. We got some important things done. We got Samuel moved into Levi's room, and Levi moved into Ben's. We are hoping that having Sam in his own room will improve the quality of bedtime--right now it is a huge stress. So, we are hoping that we can get him to go to bed better if there are fewer distractions. I am also (gasp--I think I might cry about this!) considering letting him stop taking naps when I stop working. He is still really tired and could use a nap, but then he is so horrible at bedtime. So, I think I will just have a mandatory quiet time instead. Maybe that can be movie time or something. Anyway...that has no bearing on today, other than I am thinking about it.

Tonight Cameron and I were able to go out together. We didn't do anything fantastic--we wandered around Bed, Bath, and Beyond (my idea--not his), then went to Books-A-Million. We were there quite a while. Then we went to Walmart to get birthday presents and a few things. We got pretty good gifts for the boys, in my opinion. We got Ben a Cars racetrack, and we got Sam a playdough accessory kit, with cutters, and presses, etc. I know both gifts are going to be huge pains in the butt, but I went through the boys' toys today and got rid of at least half or more of their toys, so I think it will be ok. Also, and this is the best part, I got some new books. It's very exciting. I don't actually need anymore books, in fact, I have a huge pile of them next to my bed, waiting to be read. But, I have really been in the mood to get more books to read lately. I have gotten some good ones--tonight I bought a Jodi Picoult book (two, actually) called The Pact, and another called Plain Truth. I am currently reading a Chris Bohjalian book called The Law of Similars. I am really enjoying it so far, not that I am surprised, because I seem to like all of his books. I need to be able to read, especially lately, because it gives me a break from the stress of my every day life.
In other news, Cameron is making some bean salad and I am so excited that I was jumping for joy (literally) in Walmart--yes, Cameron totally laughed at me. I LOVE CAM'S BEAN SALAD! He has changed his mom's recipe just a bit, and I think it is fabulous. Tomorrow we are going to miss church, I think, in order to go to the benefit in Granby. Gotta go--Cam needs me!

No comments: