Thursday, February 14, 2008

Still Valentine's Day

My husband and I are pretty much the lamest people on earth--here it is Valentine's Day and we did NOTHING for one another. Well, not entirely nothing--I went shopping and Cameron very nicely stayed home with the boys. My shopping trip was a success too--I found two pair of jeans that actually fit me and look good. So that's awesome. Hopefully they don't shrink or anything. But...less than 24 hours until we are on our own for a couple days!

I thought I would post a little bit about my fantastic husband.

WHAT IS HIS NAME: Cameron
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER? We met about 2 weeks before he proposed (seriously!), so I guess we have known each other 6.5 years, and we have been married almost 6--next month.
HOW OLD IS HE: 28
WHO EATS MORE: Him, without a doubt in my mind
WHO SAID "I LOVE YOU" first: He did. In my grandma's basement. About 30 seconds before he asked me to marry him. He told me later that he figured he might as well go the whole way if he was committing to "I love you."
WHO IS TALLER: he is...but just by like 2 inches
WHO SINGS BETTER: I do, but he sings better than he will admit.
WHO IS SMARTER: Is it horrible if I say that I am? Really though, school-wise, I am really just disgustingly good at that kind of thing. However, I can't put something together to save my life--there are several pieces of crappy put it together furniture that have some small detail wrong with them because I put them together (sort of). Also, I get lost inside a box. So, he is WAY better at those sorts of things. And he is better with computers. I can hold my own, but it is only to do things that are necessary. Oh and he can sew...better than I can. Did I mention that I get lost inside a box? Yeah, same rule applies to any and all 3-D video games. I suck; he rocks.
WHO DOES THE LAUNDRY: I guess we both do, but I probably do more of it. We have serious laundry issues at our house. It is hard to keep up with all our laundry while we are both working. In fact, we pretty much have two mountains in our house--clean and dirty. There are usually clothes in the drawers too, but it's never all caught up.
WHO DOES THE DISHES: Both of us. Actually, he is the one who unloads the dishwasher; I load it, and we take turns with the pots and pans. Krista helps a lot with the dishes too.
WHO PAYS THE BILLS: I do. I don't know that Cameron even knows when the electricity bill is due. He is really good about communicating--we do great with that, but I am the one who physically pays the bills.
WHO MOWS THE LAWN: Both of us. He hates mowing the lawn...but we finally got our riding mower working. We have a yard that is almost an acre, and it takes FOREVER to mow it. Usually we split it up. If there is push mowing to be done, due to the riding lawnmower being broken (seriously...it always is!), I usually get tired of the long grass first.
WHO COOKS DINNER: We split it fairly evenly. Cameron is an awesome cook. He is far more creative with his cooking than I am. I cook because it needs done. He does it because he really enjoys creating delicious food for us. I get home from work before him though--he doesn't get home until 6, so we can't always wait that late to start dinner.
WHO DRIVES WHEN YOU ARE TOGETHER: Usually him.
WHO IS MORE STUBBORN? I don't know. He insists that it is me. I am pretty sure he's probably right. But, I hate admitting that.
WHO KISSED WHO FIRST: Umm...I am going to go with him. We were at a big group campfire/campout thing with my cousin and a bunch of their friends.
WHO PROPOSED: He did. See previous statement. He also proposed again in my hometown after he met my family. He went to the highest point in town (yeah, ti's NOT high), the Praying Hands, and gave me a real proposal.
WHO IS MORE SENSITIVE: He is. He gets upset easily, and is very apt to get frustrated and defensive. I try to be sensitive when it comes to other people.
WHO HAS MORE FRIENDS: I do. But really, neither of us has very many friends.
WHO HAS MORE SIBLINGS: Me. There are 6 kids in my family and there are 6 kids in his family too. We even both have 3 boys and 3 girls. But, he has 2 stepsiblings and I got 4 last year, so that means I take this one.
WHO WEARS THE PANTS IN THE FAMILY: He does. I like to ascribe to the theory in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." The man may be the head, but the woman is the neck and she can turn the head whatever way she wants. Seriously though, we don't have too many issues about control. I am not terribly naggy, and he usually doesn't need to be nagged. We communicate pretty well about most things.

Ok, so there's a little info. about Cameron, and I guess me, in a roundabout way. I hope everyone has had a nice Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That is a fun husband questionnaire. I did a similar one (possibly identical) back in October. Hey, I was just noticing your book club. Are you reading Kite Runner right now??? It is one of my all time favorite books.....plus, I just finished Atonement, and I read the Time Travelers Wife last year some time and really, really liked it. :) With Jeremy's rotten schedule I can never seem to join a book club, but perhaps I will virtually join yours! :)