Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Lucky for me, it was an early out day. However, I still had to go to teachers' meetings all afternoon. How lame is that? And they took away our days off tomorrow AND Monday...and March 25, AND we have like 3 days tacked on at the end. It bites. I am so ready for this school year to be over. But, I have decided I am going to have a more positive attitude about the whole thing. This semester, up until now, has completely been crappy, but I have decided I have to figure out a way to make it better--otherwise, I will pretty much go nuts. I only have to survive three more months (during some of which I will probably be a single mom, but whatever...), and then I will be done with this year.

My house literally looks like a tornado went through it--actually two did--Ben and Sam. It is a disaster zone, and I have to get it cleaned up TONIGHT! Because...we (Cameron and I and NO kids!!!) are going out of town (or maybe just out of house--we haven't decided) this weekend. I am SO excited. I need a break! We are losers and don't know what we are doing yet, but that's ok. For all I care, we can go down the road and sleep in the van! Yippee!!

We went to that benefit on Sunday and it was great. We bid on a couple items at the silent auction--a foodsaver and a night out ($25 at Red Lobster and $15 in movie passes--so like one movie). We won both items, so that was good. The benefit overall was VERY impressive. Krista and I had donated a couple baskets for the auction--a scrapbook basket and a Mary Kay basket. Both had pretty good bids when we left, with almost two hours left in the auction. In the end, the little community raised over $10,000!!! All of it will help with living expenses for the kids. I am just thrilled about this. It makes me so happy that people were so generous.

Ok, well, this has to be fast, because, like I said, the house looks like a bomb hit it, and I need to clean it up. Besides, nothing really all that exciting has happened. Levi's been sick. Cam and I have gone to work. Blah! :)

No comments: