Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Ice, ice baby..."

Yes, once again we are being blessed with ice. Blessed is the nice way of saying that once again we are frozen in and everything in slippery, cold, and it's nasty outside. Pretty much we are tired of it! Today was our SEVENTH, yes SEVENTH snow day this year--actually, I should say ice day. All our "snow"days so far have been ice days, except one, and it was because of massive flooding. Anyway, the 6:00 a.m. phone calls are getting old, especially since my kids are obnoxious and get up when the phone rings, so even though I have the day off, I actually have to get up EARLIER than I would otherwise. Ugh!

On top of all this...Cameron finally wore me down. He finally talked me into letting him get his XBox 360 that he has been wanting so badly. I hate buying video games. I hate it. They are SO expensive. And although I admit that, yes, I will GREATLY enjoy playing some of the games, I would be just as happy NOT playing them. But, he has been wanting one for quite awhile, and dang it if whenever he mentions wanting something a lot, I don't try with all my power to get it for him, even if it costs a fortune and isn't something I really care about. Sometimes this is bad because I really obsess about stuff. I love surprising Cameron though, and I love to see his happy look when he gets the thing he has been wanting. It brings me way more joy that buying stuff for myself. So, we'll see how things go, but as of now, we are the proud new owners of an xbox 360. I have every intention of developing some mad Guitar Hero III skills so that I can be the resident champion at all family gatherings...unfortunately, I do have Robert to contend with.

In other news, well...Sam is not in bed. It has not been a great week as far as that goes. It's 11:00 p.m. and he is still up. Grr!

No comments: