Monday, March 3, 2008

Why does the weather suck?

Saturday was a perfectly beautiful day. In fact, the whole weekend was perfect. The temperature reached the mid-70s, and it was bright and sunny. We spent most of Saturday morning playing outside, and then the boys went out again after naptime. On Sunday morning, we were awakened by the sounds of trucks (small, Tonka trucks) racing past our window. Apparently the boys had gotten up, put their shoes on (Sam put on his rubber rain boots, and Ben put on his too-small last summer's sandals), and snuck out the front door to play outside. Although that is not cool, I was really happy that it was pretty enough this weekend for them to play. They haven't been able to play outside for a long time. They had so much fun just running around, playing with sidewalk chalk, riding their bikes, and playing on the slides. It was fun to watch them.

Ben right after he came squealing down the slide! This was pre-haircut!
Sam--he is SO photogenic! He always looks like a little catalog model--despite his blacked out front tooth (that we still have NO idea how he managed to hit!).
Levi would NOT take a nap. I probably took 25 pictures of him outside sitting in the grass. He looked SO tired and upset in all of them that I had to look hard for a good one. But, he looked adorable in all of them, nonetheless.
Levi being snuggly with Dad--who totally needs to shave! I think it's been like a week since he actually bothered doing that. :)


So...we had this beautiful weekend.


And then...


Last night (like in the evening...not overnight) it dropped over 40 degrees to the low to mid 30s, with a windchill in the low 20s. The high tomorrow is right at 32, with windchills expected around 9! 9!!!! What the heck?? Is that even fair? How does that happen? Today was total crap. It rained all day. It was stinking cold. The weather got my hopes up that there might be ice and school being cancelled. But now...not only is it really dang cold, but it is NOT snowing like "they" promised...and to top it off, because of the nasty weather, my sinuses have given me a headache ALL day that makes me wonder if banging my head on the wall would actually make my head feel BETTER. It might change the pressure somehow. It was awful trying to teach a bunch of ornery 8th graders when I had a horrible sore throat and a super awful, make me want to throw up, headache.
Anyway, I think I am going to try to go to bed. I am feeling really horrible. I just wanted to post the super cute pictures of the boys! Keep your fingers crossed for ice and snow--I am at the point where I don't even care that we would have to make the day up. I feel so awful that it's all I want to do.

No comments: