Monday, March 24, 2008

The final countdown...

Ok, that's a bit melodramatic, but it's kind of how I feel. I am not thrilled about this whole being on my own for a couple months thing. I am sure it will be fine...our home teachers came over last night and we kind of talked to them about things I would need help with (moving crap, massive yardwork for our HUGE yard, childcare, etc.). I feel really good about all of this, but it still stinks, to put it mildly. I have today off, but I have to go to Springfield to see my dr. (Ick! More blood tests!!) I still haven't been able to find anyone to watch the kiddos while I go--hopefully I don't have to take them ALL with me...a couple of them is fine, but not all of them. Cameron is back at work today, for his final week. He wasn't excited about going--he says they are making the official announcement that he is leaving today.

In other news, we had a pretty nice Easter. It was fairly uneventful, actually. The boys got up and we tried to talk to them about Jesus, but they were, of course, too excited about the "canny and easer eggs." So I think that talk went totally over their heads...or in one ear and out the other. It is really cute to hear Sam say "resurrection" though. Cam cooked one of the hams from our pig, and it was pretty good--not the best ham I have ever had, they cured it with too much salt, in my opinion. We also had homemade cheesecake with strawberry sauce (Cam insists it is called glaze, I don't care!), funeral potatoes, a yummy layered salad, deviled eggs, and something else that I can't remember now--nice, I am losing my mind! Too bad there are only five of us, and only 3 of us actually ate. Ben refused to eat because he was so upset about his sore toe (seriously) and Levi only has 4 teeth, so although he pigged out, he didn't really make a dent in anything, because he mostly ate peas and potatoes. We have a TON of leftovers...this meal would have fed about 15 people. Oh well, I guess I won't have to cook all week.

OK, well, Levi is freaking out and I just realized that Samuel has preschool today (no one tells me these things!), so I guess it's time to be up and about.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Will it make you feel happy to know that we ARE NOT moving?? :)

Sorry things are so stressful. I am excited to have you a bit closer though!! Where is Cam's Job?? Utah County??