Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bright and early...

I am, once again, up bright and early, and before the majority of my family. This is due largely, ok, totally, to Levi. The kid is like an alarm clock. He NEVER sleeps past 7 a.m. Yesterday he slept until 8:30 and I kind of freaked out--I thought he had died in the night. I am not joking. The kid does NOT sleep in. So, everyone else is asleep, and I am awake with Levi. At least he is pretty much the most adorable little boy to ever be born. His smile lights up the whole house. And he loves to show off his little teeth--he sticks his bottom jaw out, and then grins, so all four of his teeth are perfectly visible. He insists on being held by me anytime I am around, which really makes it hard to get anything else done, but at least I know he loves me.

Today is the last Saturday we will have with Cameron for a long time. I am a little (ok a lot) bummed about things, because I had a lot of things planned today. There is a scrapbooking workshop I want to go to, my book club is today, etc. And now all that is not really important. I am still going to go to my book club meeting, but the rest is going to have to be forgotten. We need to spend time with Cameron. Plus, there is a TON to do. I told him that he needs to spend today going through his stuff, so that I don't have to figure out what is or is not worth keeping. Hopefully that gets done. I also want to clean the sofa...so I need to rent an upholstery cleaner. I am torn between renting it today and just getting it done, or waiting until Monday when Cameron will be at work, but I will have the boys by myself. Decisions, decisions (about such important things, too!).

I keep avoiding saying anything about the real issue here. Cameron is going to be gone in a week. A WEEK! We are really excited, and hopefully this job will be everything that we feel it will be. But still...a week. And then the kids and I will be alone (I mean, Krista will be here, but not the whole time), and won't even see Cameron until the end of May at the earliest. It is going to be awful. Awful. I still have a couple months of teaching left...including the MAP tests. So, it's not like things are slowing down for me. I officially put in my resignation on Thursday, and I think they already had a board meeting, so I guess I have resigned from my job as well. All of this makes me a little sad, and a lot stressed. Are we going to be able to find a house? Am I going to make it through the next 2.5 months? Who is going to help me with the kids while I am at work in May after Krista moves back to VA? Is Cameron going to like his new job? Are we going to have enough money? How are the kids and I going to do without Cameron? (Awful!) Cameron is going to miss Levi's first birthday. How horrible is that? There is just a lot about this that is going to be hard. I haven't even begun to think about the fact that I grew up here and it's my home--and I probably won't ever come back. This move is a huge deal. I am excited, and I am happy about it--I definitely feel like it's the right decision for us--but it is still really scary and stressful. Cameron is going to be staying at his brother's, and that concerns me as well...I don't want there to be hard times. I mean, Krista has lived with us for nearly a year, and honestly, I don't think there have been any MAJOR issues--just small annoyances. But, I don't know if Cameron's family will have the same attitude--they are a bit more high-stress, and intense about things than we are. It will work out, though.

Anyway, so, long story short (too late, I know)...Cameron starts his new job in Utah on March 31. I am staying here until the end of the school year. Cam is going to try to find us a house, and I am going to try to pack this one up. It's going to be awful. We'll survive. Hopefully I get some help. :)

No comments: