Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Middle of the week...

Today was totally a typical day in my life...a crummy school day with craziness at home. My students have been really obnoxious lately. I have been having a really hard time even wanting to go at all. They are NOT creative--today I just wanted them to read a satire and write 3 paragraphs about it and they freaked out...the big whiny babies just sat and complained the whole time--"I don't get it!", "What does this stupid story mean anyway?" Grr--seriously, the whole point of the story was that people see what they want to see, and that our imaginations are what make us able to be anything we want to be--to see anything within the "mirror of our imagination." It was SO frustrating that they couldn't even use their imaginations for FIVE minutes without flipping out. And that was just my first three hours of the day! The afternoon was awful, first off, because I had a serious blood sugar low. When my students started blurring in and out and swaying around the room, I asked a student to go get another teacher so I could get some Sprite and something to eat, but it was icky! Then, my students just pretty much didn't do ANYTHING that I asked them to do. There is a core little group of them that are pretty much the rudest, laziest, most disrespectful kids I have ever encountered. Ever.

Anyway, onto other topics...I am still sick. I hate being sick. I have an icky cough, a nasty sore throat, and serious sinus pressure. I hate it! Yesterday we took Benjamin in to get his hearing tested. (Since I had YET ANOTHER SNOW DAY!!! GRRRrrr!) He has quite a bit of fluid in one ear, and the start of fluid buildup in the other. In the ear with the fluid, he has moderate hearing loss, and the other ear was minimal (but still there was loss). The audiologist seemed to think that the hearing loss was because of the fluid, not some bigger underlying issue. So, that's good. But he still has the vision issues. We are getting that checked out on Friday. I imagine he will have to be put in glasses, and possibly a patch, within the next couple weeks. :( But back to yesterday--right after Ben's appt. we had to take Levi for his 9 mo. checkup (even though he is 10 mo.). Apparently he missed a dose of shots, so they gave him two shots. While we were there, I asked them about Ben, and so the ped. looked at his ears--and he has an ear infection. Sam was given a prescription for another issue he is having. Then, Krista asked about Maddy's EEG (which, happy day, came back totally clear) and the ped. looked at Maddy and Maddy has a double ear infection. So, even though Levi was the only one with an appt. we ended up with prescriptions for EVERY kid EXCEPT Levi (who had shots, remember??). Krista and I have decided that we owe Dr. Ross a major plate of cookies (she said she wants chocolate chip).

So, yesterday was NOT relaxing. And neither was today. But, now that I have such awful weeks, I have a GREAT appreciation for Fridays.

One last thing--I just need to say that Samuel is the MOST disgusting kid I have ever seen. Instead of getting a kleenex, he has started blowing his nose...without a kleenex. He just lets it come out of his nose and hang out on his face...where he then proceeds to LICK IT OFF! How totally disgusting is that? It pretty much makes me throw up a little in my mouth (fabulous image, huh) every time he does it.

No comments: