Monday, March 10, 2008

I wish...

I wish I could find a way to adequately express myself that would really and truly give a picture of the craziness and the obnoxiousness and the humor that is my life. For example--I wish I could properly express how irritating it is that Levi completely deleted my whole post while I was trying to type it and I have had to start over. Or, that I could explain how adorable his little three-toothed grin is--his crooked little bottom teeth sticking out on the bottom and his one, barely there top tooth that you can only see when he is screaming or grinning hugely. Is there a way to really explain the way I feel when I get a phone call telling me that Ben just bit Sam on the nose and that it was hard enough that Sam is now bleeding? Or is there a way, really, to explain what emotions I feel when Samuel, who has already been dragged into the house, kicking and screaming, goes and gets himself dressed...but not just dressed, dressed in his blue slacks, a white shirt, and his blue, argyle sweater vest...and rubber boots. Then to explain how he sneaks out of the house and squats RIGHT BACK IN THE MUD that I had just pulled him out of? Is there a way to explain Ben's obsession with trains, other than to say that there is a 15 (at least) foot series of track stretched out over the entire length of my living room. Is is adequate to just say that I feel such enormous joy when I hear Levi's little gurgly laugh that I just can't help but laugh myself? What about when Ben tells me that he wants me to go to the store so he can get his new glasses so he can see? The list goes on and on...and I don't know how to adequately explain the things that go on in my life. There is never a dull moment. Ever. If there were, I would maybe get something done. Maybe.

BEFORE--the boys literally broke the cabinet door off. I am showing this picture because it is now fixed...and fixed well, so hopefully my mom won't freak out.

AFTER-Look--Good as new. It really does look good. Cameron took it to a guy who works with him and has a woodworking shop, so the guy glued and clamped it and let it set and harden for several days. So, now...it is all fixed.

This is the literally 2 inches of mud on the bottoms of Sam's shoes. He was bebopping over to the faucet, filling his bucket with water, and then hauling the bucket back, where he would proceed to fill it with dirt. No adding water to the dirt for Sam--he only added dirt to the water. Extra muddy!


At least we got them cleaned up. All three boys hopped in the bath. Levi LOVES the bath. As soon as he heard me turn the water on, he came flying into the bathroom, pulled himself up to the side, and started trying to climb it. It was too funny! Sam said he was "like Santa Claus wif a beard."

Anyway, here are a few some picture that may illustrate a little bit of the highlights of my weekend--the pictures leave out that I spent all day Saturday in bed, before I finally went to urgent care on Saturday night. They leave out that Cameron had to work all day Saturday and Sunday. They leave out that the boys were not that fantastic.

So, in other news, I just want to say...Brother Bear is one of the great, unheralded Disney films. It is seriously one of my favorites. I love the story, the music, the fact that it makes me cry...it is a fabulous movie.

Finally, because I love my brother in law, I will not post the great picture his wife sent me...it makes me happy enough just to know that I could. :) Besides, pictures aren't working anyway.

No comments: