Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ugh...

Ick--we are under a boil order. That stinks, especially when one has three little kids and needs to make bottles. Hopefully it is over with soon.

What the heck is up with snotty teenagers? My students were exceptionally ornery today--I am just not sure what the deal was. They are, without question, the rudest, most disrespectful group of kids I have ever seen. I don't know that they are being any worse than normal lately, or if it is just that my patience threshhold is so much lower, but seriously! They are wearing on my last nerve! I just wish they would stop talking and being so dumb about stuff. Anyway...enough about punks that I spend 8+ hours each day with...

Ben LOVES preschool! He was so excited today about the stuff he brought home (a picture of a snowman and some rectangles he had cut out and glued on some paper). He had to show it all to me right after I walked in the door. The first words out of his mouth were, "Mommy, I went to school today!" I am so glad he likes it. He seemed a little lukewarm on Tuesday--not upset, but not loving things either. So, it is great that he loves it!

Sam is just a mess! He is the naughtiest thing ever. It is a good thing he is so dang cute and smart. Otherwise, well...yeah... Last night, he refused to go to bed until after ten! Of course, that is normal--that's the most annoying part! But he can be so good and so sweet. I wish he would do it more often. The other night we went to Walmart to buy their "pack packs" and he was all worried about his penny. I couldn't figure out why he was so concerned until we were leaving--then he ran over to the candy machines and wanted to get something. I told him I didn't have a quarter and he pulled his penny out and informed me that "I brought my money, Mom. I need canny!" I felt so bad that I didn't have a quarter to get him anything after he had been so smart to bring his own money to buy himself a treat.

Levi has been trying to get rid of his naps. I don't know why he things he doesn't need them because he for sure DOES, but he just doesn't want to sleep. He is so sweet and round though. This morning our little "human alarm clock" got up and I was able to see him before I went to work. It made me happy and sad that he cried when I left.

Ok...gotta quit--my thing that I am thankful for today is education. I am so glad that I have been able to get my education. It has been a great blessing to us--I am able to work, and I feel so much better about myself. I have every intention of continuing on and getting my Masters' Degree. I had thought I would go and get it specializing in autism. But, it looks like we are trying to make some other plans for our life (more info to come, I am sure. :)) so I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

GregR said...

hi Aaron,
We like seeing your blog and reading about how things are. I loved the story about the Sam and the penny!! It so cool Ben is starting pre-school. If he's like most boys he'll like it as long as there's fun stuff to do there like recess.

I hope things are working out and that your decisions and transitions will go well. Put your trusting arm on Cam and the Lord. You need to focus on being a mother and the rest will work out. Luckily those onery teenagers get left at school..

Janet