Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hump Day

Ok, we are nearly over the hump this week. It shouldn't seem like such a long week, since I had yesterday off school, but it still seems long. The boys just will NOT go to bed. That makes me crazier than about anything. We had a big long talk about going to bed, and listening, and even drew some reward charts for them for every time they stay in bed. But, they are NOT getting their sticker on the chart tonight. They are being horrible.

I am feeling very frustrated in general lately. I have an observation by my principal coming up, and I have no idea what I am going to teach about--I know it is not really a big deal, but it is, you know? Also, it seems like every night when I get home, there are five million things that need done, but I also should spend time with the boys and Cameron. It would help if the boys weren't such holy terrors and if Krista could get a bit done during the day, but really that's fine. I just wish I could get a ten minute break at night, instead of going from one high-intensity job to another. It is never going to be clean here. It is never EVER going to be organized. And, as much as I want it to be, I am to the point of just not caring anymore. My diabetes has been so-so lately, which means that it is up and down, so although I feel ok (translated to functional), I am completely exhausted all the time. It is 9 p.m. and I can barely keep my eyes open. I am going to get a relax in bed milkshake and my book club book and I think I am going to go to bed. I am tired of yelling at boys to go to bed, and I am just tired in general.

Lastly, I do want to list something I am grateful for. I have had a bit of a. hard time with this today, because I feel so cranky. But, I am grateful for books. I am grateful that reading gives me a very real escape from the world and my life. I am grateful that it is an activity I can cram in for 5 minutes or 5 hours (yeah right!). I love books and I love learning. I went to a great little store here in town called Changing Hands Bookstore. Don't tell Cameron, but I bought several books. I have every intention of going back soon. I went in, looking for used copies of my book club books, and came out with some other really good ones--The Poisonwood Bible, The Kite Runner, an Anita Shreve one, and one other one that just looked good. I have a lot of books to read to catch up on reading them all, but I am doing my best. I am sure it drives Cam crazy that my books and my shoes are all over the house--I have a book in the living room, about 15 next to the bed, a couple on the bathroom counter, one in the piano room, several in my bag for school, 300 on bookshelves in the piano room, etc. So, there is my gratitude for tonight. Now, I am off to yell one more time, and go to bed.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Books are great. I love escaping into a good book. There were a few weeks in October where I really did neglect my family while I escaped into another world! I should feel guilty, but honestly it was great. I was a little sad to let it go! LOL

I want to read a few that are on your list.....and I want to join a book club, maybe someday Jeremy will have a normal schedule! :) I just finished Atonement by Ian McEwan. It was excellent. Kite Runner is one of my all time favorites.