Saturday, January 19, 2008

To do, to do...

"Singing a song is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do..." Oh wait! We aren't singing. We are CLEANING. I guess I could change the song, but fundamentally, I think that is a lie--cleaning the house is NOT fun to do, fun to do, to do, to do. However, I guess it does need to be done--I discussed with my students the cliche' of "A woman's work is never done." It's so true--but a dad's work, and a mom's work, and even a kid's work is never done either.

On our to-do list:
Buy groceries for the next week or so --DONE
Clean the boys' room --DONE but already destroyed by the boys
Laundry--as much as possible, folded AND put away too --AS WE SPEAK
Kitchen --WORK IN PROGRESS--always :)
Living room --WORKING
TAKE DOWN THE CHRISTMAS TREE!!!
Fix the closet rod in the boys' closet
Levi's room
Mop
Bathrooms --UP NEXT
Cut up trees in the yard--still haven't done that --Sorta DONE
Clean out and vacuum the van--ALMOST DONE
Shower--oh yeah...need to do that. :) --DONE
Put another slat or two under Sam's bed
Go through Levi's clothes
Fix the swingset
Pay the bills

Ok...I know that not even a third of this list is happening this weekend. But, while I was thinking about everything that needs done, I thought I would write the other things down too--the list could go on. I could add clean the garage, organize the office and shop, clean the yard up, clear out the flowerbeds, steam the furniture, fix the lid on my piano, get the organ from the P's and get it in the house, yada yada yada.

So, wish us luck. Just don't call between 1 and 3 because that is mandatory family nap time.

No comments: