Thursday, January 24, 2008

One thing after another.

It has been a bit of a crazy day. I went to work, taught some lessons, and then got an email from Krista, telling me that she was really sick and needed to go to the ER. So, I arranged with my principal to have another teacher cover my two afternoon classes, and I came home. Apparently, my sister has pneumonia--she went to the hospital with our Relief Society president shortly after I got home. Then, after hanging out with kids who would NOT nap, I sat down, and Krista came home. She had been home about 15 minutes when her mother-in-law showed up to take Krista and Maddyto her house to take are of them. While they were packing, Cameron came home and started trying to tell me about how he needed to fly to Utah tomorrow. Hello? Yeah, so a couple crazy hours later, I realized that we had NO ONE to watch the kids tomorrow. It took abut 8 phone calls to find anyone who could do it, but I finally got things arranged. I started grading papers, but quickly lost enthusiasm. I hate grading.

Anyway, nothing terribly thrilling going on. We are moving toward some big changes in our life, but overall, things are fairly calm right now. The boys even all went to bed nicely. I know it is because they didn't take naps. They go to bed much better when they don't nap, but they are SO cranky and naughty without naps. I NEED NAPTIME! I am trying to figure out how to work out some sort of quiet time at least.

Well, tonight's entry is going to be short and boring. I am exhausted.

My gratitude tonight is that I am grateful for my talent for playing the piano. I love doing it. It is a major stress relief. Plus, it has served as a great blessing in my life. I am able to play most anything. I have had several callings that I would not have been able to do without this skill. My current calling as ward organist is one of my favorites. I love being able to play for my family--for my children, and my husband. One of my favorite memories is of playing the piano and singing duets with my dad. He would ask me to play specific songs--there are several that when I am really thinking about him, I can pull them out and play them. It is a precious memory for me, and I am grateful that I have my piano music to help me keep those memories close.

No comments: