Monday, January 28, 2008

LATE NIGHTS!

I am so sleepy tonight. I have to hurry. I hate when Cameron is on-call because I don't get nearly enough sleep, and the whole week is just exhausting. He sleeps most of the afternoon in preparation for working through most of the night. But, I still have to get up at 6:30 to get to work. Then when I come home, I have to immediately be the parent in charge because Cam starts work at 5 (like right when I am getting home!). So without even a break, I have to start dinner, blah, blah, blah. It works ok, except tonight we went to the YMCA to take the kids swimming. They were so cute. Levi is such a water baby. Really, they all are. Ben and Sam both love to jump in, and they both LOVE to "swim." The problem with taking them swimming was that I didn't get any of my work done. I had to wait until all the kids were in bed before I could start my schoolwork--I had to make up a test. I just barely finished doing it, and I am sure my students will hate it. They insist that my tests are really hard. I don't try to make them hard. I just try to make sure they have to think to answer the questions. But, I finally got that done.

I am hoping this week of on-call is better than normal. I hope Cam gets to sleep and that our family runs smoothly. It is tricky.

Because I am literally falling asleep, I will save the important stuff for later. Sorry this is the most boring blog entry ever. It's just a goal of mine to help me! Anyway, tonight I am grateful for my job. I love my students. They are horrible a lot of the time. And some of them are truly difficult to like on any given day. But, overall, I love my job. I was actually excited to go to work today. I love that I get to share my knowledge with my students. I love that I get to learn new things. I love that I get to influence, hopefully positively, at least a few young men and women. They are good kids. They do a lot of things I don't like, but I hope they all know that I care about them and that they can depend on me.

No comments: