Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thank goodness it's SATURDAY!!!

So, joy of joys, it's the weekend. I never truly understood the joy of a Friday afternoon until I started working all the time away from home. I LIVE for weekends. The bad thing is that we very rarely get much accomplished on the weekend because both Cameron and I are so ready to veg out after a long week of commuting and working and not getting enough sleep. As far as I am concerned, if we get the basics covered (meals, kitchen, living room, and if we're lucky the bedrooms), then I am happy. Although this weekend, we do have to do more than the basics--the bathrooms are in sore need of attention and my van smells weird for some reason. I am worried that someone (Ben or Sam--of course, not me!) dropped some food or something. ICK!!!

But, despite the normal day to day grind of life, I am super excited today. I just order 170 pictures. I am going to my first book club meeting with a bunch of girls I went to high school with--I didn't read the book though--oops! In fact, really, I should be showering and getting ready since the meeting is at noon. Then, after that we are SCRAPBOOKING! Seriously, I haven't been able to do that since WAY before Levi was born. In fact, it has been forever! So, although I am sure it is not thrilling for Cameron, I have every intention of enjoying my day. I hate the "mommy guilt" that I get when I leave and do something just fun for me...and don't take a kid. In fact, as I type, I am considering taking Levi with me. But, I really don't want to. I just don't want Cam to be stressed either. Hmm...

I have to teach the Gospel Doctrine lesson tomorrow. It is the first one that actual gets into scripture in the Book of Mormon. Although I DESPISE with every fiber of my being afternoon church, the one advantage is that I don't have to really stress about my lesson--I don't have much time during the week to devote to it, and that has been a major source of anxiety for me (especially with the letters of Paul and the book of Revelation!). But now I am going to be able to take at least a little time Sunday morning and study my lesson. Maybe Cameron will even prepare his...maybe. Church is a little crazy for us every week. Both Cam and I teach Sunday school classes. Obviously Levi is too small to go to nursery, so we still have to figure him out. Ben is going to "big boy primary" now. He enjoyed it last week, but had a bit of a hard time. When we were making such a big deal out of it, I guess we neglected to really make it clear that it was JUST him and not Sam too. So Ben was in primary crying for "his Sam", and Sam was in nursery crying and saying, "Where Ben?" Once they figured that part out, though, they did alright. When you add in the organ playing for me (counting, of course, prelude and postlude--which then requires me to RUSH to Sunday school!), Enrichment committee, Cameron's getting called frequently to help with the YM, going out with the missionaries, etc...we are a little busy. Oh yeah--we SHOULD do our home teaching and visiting teaching too. Yeah.

Anyway, I am grateful today for friends. I have needed good friends lately. It has been a little discouraging, but also encouraging (does that make sense?) to learn who I really can lean on these past few months. I know I can lean on Cam--he is my best friend. I know I have other friends too--Krista has been fantastic. I have been able to make a few new friends too--Maggie at work is so wonderful. I am so grateful I have gotten to know her. I love being able to talk with her, and know that she understands what I am going through at school, and also somewhat at home (she is VERY conservative, and although not a member, she and I really share the same values--in fact, she is probably MORE strict than I am.). I have a few others that have really helped me these past few months, and I am grateful for the blessings they have brought into my life!

No comments: