Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tagged

Tagged--I was reading another blog that I saw linked off of 2peas, and thought I would do the survey too.

You're feeling: Lonely and quite a bit stressed. Cameron is currently househunting, and I have to teach tomorrow AND play a musical nuber.

To your left: A marker colored sofa cushion that is never ever going to be the same because dry erase markers do not really wash out.

On your mind: Houses...and thinking about all the stuff I have to do before I move across the country

Last meal included: Fabulous kabobs with steak, chicken, peppers, onion, pineapple, squash, and zucchini...potato salad...cantelope...and brownies.

You sometimes find it hard to: be patient with my boys. They are a serious trial some days, although I am starting to realize that in order to be the mom of boys, I just have to be laid back, and it's ok if things aren't perfect.

The weather: Kind of chilly--it is even supposed to freeze tonight. But fairly clear--hopefully no more rain for awhile, so my yard can dry up enough for me to mow.

Something you have a collection of: Willow Tree figurines...otherwise, lots of books and several smelly little boys.

A smell that cheers you up: banana bread baking, bread baking period...Cam's pillow (is that gross?)

A smell that can ruin your mood: Stinky meth at school

How long since you last shaved: Last Sunday (gasp)

The current state of your hair: Pulled half back and NOT looking fabulous

The largest item on your desk/workspace--not computer: Right now I am using Krista's laptop, but at school, the largest thing is probably my gradebook or textbooks.

Which section you head for first in a bookstore: Bargain

Something you're craving: Chocolate milkshake...it has been like two weeks since I had one.

Your general thoughts on the presidential race: I don't love any of the candidates...in fact, I can't stand any of them. I think this election (and this probably sounds too drastic) is seriously the beginning (well, the continuation, but the BIG step) of the end

How many times have you been hospitalized this year: 2008? None and hopefully it stays that way.

Favorite place to go for a quiet moment: Yeah, that would be the bathroom...and even then it's rare. The boys have a tendency to suddenly need something as soon as I close that door.

You've always secretly thought you'd be a good: editor

Something that freaks you out a little: Being home alone late at night...I have too active an imagination. That and I HATE having stuff on my hands...anything. Ick!

Something you've eaten too much of lately: School cafeteria food.

You have never: Drunk or smoked or done drugs...even though my students have a hard time believing that.

You never want to: Run a 5k--ick. Seriously, why run if it's optional?

3 comments:

Ariana Sullivan said...

Thanks for giving me the link. I really loved reading this. It was nice having it be the first thing I read on your blog since it's all about you :)

I'm glad I don't have to teach tomorrow! Actually I've never had to teach, luckily.
What are you doing for the musical number?

Ariana Sullivan said...

I LOVE "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief". But then "We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet" would be perfect with President Monson having just been sustained.

Ariana Sullivan said...

I'd definitely go with We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet.

Good luck, I'm so glad I don't have to do it, lol.