Saturday, April 19, 2008

EWWwwww GROSS!!!!


Ick! is all I can say. Eww gross disgusting nasty R.O.U.S. I think possums are seriously the foulest creatures...they are so horrifyingly ugly. This one has been digging in my trash for the last couple weeks--I have caught it in the act and had to scare it off several times (seriously--it hardly even acts scared anymore.) Apparently it was helping itself to something in our trash last night (which is interesting since the trash got picked up yesterday and there really wasn't much for it to eat this time) and it fell in the trash can and couldn't get out. I went to throw some stuff away tonight and pretty much had the crap scared out of me! It actually hissed at me. However, I summoned up my courage/got past the grossness and dragged the trash can to the very back of our huge yard (there is a wooded walking trail and a bunch of trees back there) and then just kind of kicked the trash can over. Hopefully the stupid thing is smart enough to get out of the trash can. My boys were thrilled with the whole experience. Ben was adorable about it--we called Cam's mom and told her about it. He grabbed the phone out of my hand and ran out the door yelling to grandma that "grammaw needa see the possum!" I chased him down and saved grandma from the stimulating conversation, but it was super funny. He was so intrigued by the whole thing. Sam thought it was pretty cool too, but not like Ben.
Otherwise, we had a really good day. It started out kind of rough--I got a nasty letter from the state of MO saying we never filed our taxes in 2006 and owe $800. I actually DID file my taxes and was owed a refund, so I am hoping a few letters and phone calls will straighten things out. Then the boys and I stopped at Walgreens to get some pictures (which they didn't even have ready) and my van wouldn't start. I have no idea why...it has started fine several times since then, and hasn't had any problems up to this point either. So who knows? After that, I worked in the garage awhile while the boys got filthy playing outside. On the upside, I totally found $10 in a card from our wedding in a box in the garage...so I took the boys to McDonald's for lunch. Then it was glorious naptime. All 4 of us took naps. It was fabulous! After that, I went and picked up Mallory and we all went to Walmart. Then dinner, and bathtime, and jammies, and now we are watching a movie, and it will soon be time for bed. Overall...pretty dull day.

No comments: