Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just another day in paradise...

We are doing pretty well here. Nothing much is happening, which means that a LOT is happening! We are pretty much in crunch mode as far as this move goes, but I am having a really hard time getting anything done. I am having a really hard time getting any motivation to work on stuff once I get home from work too. I am so tired after my days with junior high kids. Then I want to spend time with my boys. Plus, I have to maintain some semblance of life around here. I am just hoping that Cameron and I can get quite a bit done this weekend.

Speaking of...I am SO EXCITED that Cameron is coming home on Friday. I miss him so much. The boys miss him terribly too. Tonight Samuel got really upset (he got woken up from an already very short nap and was really REALLY cranky), and just started screaming for "Daddy...where are you daddy? I need Daddy!" I almost cried. What am I supposed to do when that happens? It's not like I can make Cam magically appear. At least he will be here Friday. And at least we won't be separated like this ever again...as long as I have anything to do with it, anyway. It's awful. We need Cameron around. He does so much for our family, and it's killing us all that he isn't here with us.

Today at school I was really upset with some of my students. They found a baby bird outside, and basically decided to use it as a hacky sack. Now, I realize that it is ultimately "just a bird", but really...I was almost ill over the way they were acting. It didn't mean a thing to them. In fact, I was informed that it was "just a da*% bird, so quit freaking out. You're being stupid!" Yeah. These kids totally have respect for the sanctity of life and anything other than themselves. I was so mad I didn't even know what to say. I know it's "just a bird", but it's a BABY bird. It is small and helpless and scared...and it didn't do ANYTHING to them. I can see killing a mosquito (guilty) or the million ants in your house (guilty) or even deer/turkey hunting and eating the meat (guilty sorta)...but a small, defenseless baby?? What is WRONG with these kids? I just don't understand. I probably never will. I just hope I make it the last 11 days of school without going crazy!

There isn't a whole lot else going on. A quick update: Levi is officially OBSESSED with dumping the formula out of the cans. He has done it THREE times now. Plus once at the babysitter's. Tonight we were at the church for an appointment I had, and he totally dumped about a third of a can out--the can was in my bag. Then, when I took it away, he threw a HUGE fit, and tried desperately for at least 15 minutes to get the can again. It is hilarious...if it weren't so darn annoying.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I didn't know Aaron well other than in passing on Babycenter. But in reading this post, I got very emotional for the first time over the fact that she is no longer with us. The paragraph about Cameron being gone and her son crying for him specifically got to me. It takes on a whole different perspective now. I pray that the veil is still thin enough for her sweet boys that they had an opportunity to at least say goodbye to their mommy. Peace be with you.

Lacey Jones

Anonymous said...

I agree with above comment. Except the part that really hit me was when she was talking about "never being apart like this again..." That broke my heart.

Cassandra Cleveland