Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thanks and Updates

Well I want to send a quick thank you for all your support and help thru this tough time. The family is doing as well as can be expected and are slowly getting settled. I wont have internet after tomorrow but when I get home in a week Ill post some pictures of the boys and the service. I know there were some offers to help unpack and if you are still able and willing then I will be unpacking Mon, Tues, and Wed this week. (So starting tomorrow.) Email me kwinters_425@yahoo.com or call 931.220.5128 if its after tomorrow when my internet is gone. Thanks!!

3 comments:

GregR said...

Wow, Krista... I'm amazed at the way you take care of your sister. You were much more of a caregiver to her as a younger sister than I had ever expected. How precious you are. I'm there to help...
Love you,
Janet

GregR said...

Hey,

I was thinking about this past week and basically it has been a lot of work, but there was this one day when Sam, Levi and Ben just started laughing at one another and they had a little spontaneous fun. I thought of all the time I spent with them perhaps this was the finest display of companionship I had seen. I was like being in the middle of an inside joke, but knowing that these boys are connected and wired together. Their companionship is amazing.

I thought of how Aaron was please with me, and how she would like to be there, just then. I thought of how much work it was, and how grateful she was for our help. Then, how exhausting the boys can be. Last, I thought, how did she ever do it and with all this came a rush of emotion. I cried and hugged Levi. I miss her, I miss her help, her smile, her cool countenance, and her strength. How she must miss us in spite of her rest.

Love you,

janet

Anonymous said...

Janet,
Though I have never met you I know a bit of you. Aaron spoke of you often and I was touched by the pics of you showing such compassion for your son. Thank you for your kind words here. I too agree that Krista is amazing. Seeing the photos of her from the funeral too were so touching. I know that it was her constant interaction with the boys the year before Aaron's death that allowed her to be such a boon and comfort throughout the whole ordeal. Had she only known what a blessing she would be in their lives. Thanks for keeping the rest of us attached even in a small way.

Love,
Cassandra Cleveland